how about this

A blog of Nineteenth Century history, focusing, but not exclusively, on the American Civil War seen through the prism of personal accounts, newspaper stories, administrative records and global history.
A thousand tales. A miscellany. A maze of historical tangents.

A Capitol View

A Capitol View
Images of 1861 juxtaposed- Union Square, New York vs. Capitol Square, Richmond

Thursday, December 19, 2013

A mission statement . . . of a kind.

The concept behind this site is rather simple. Over the last few years of running my blog, New Kent County History, I have found dozens of interesting subjects that I wanted to post on, but which did not fit in the scope of a local history site. The whole "Middle Period" of American history, as well as contemporaneous events around the globe, have always fascinated me and this gives me an outlet. I will be cross posting some of my New Kent county history pieces if I feel them relevant. There is also the very specific area of the Civil War in Tidewater Virginia, which I believe could do with some fleshing out. In short this is a place to for me to ride what ever Nineteenth Century hobby I happen to be on at the time.
So expect a little bit of everything. Skirmishes, politics, the home front. Many first person accounts.
In America, and abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment